Dec 4, 2010

Thank you

I would just like to say thank you to all the wonderful people that made it to my sweet little grandma's funeral! I know the weather was scary and kept a ton of her good friends and family from coming. I'm sure she was saying she was SOOOOO sorry and that it was inconsiderate of her. Even though she never controlled the weather, she always apologized about it. :-) It was so nice to be able to meet many of my grandma's dear friends that I have heard so much about for years. You all are as wonderful as she said you were! Thank you for being such wonderful friends to her. When she could no longer come to you....you came to her and made her day! This shows what true friends you are. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I hope everyone that was traveling made it home safely from the funeral!

2 comments:

  1. I know there would have been many that would have come. However I must say, having attended a funeral the day before, that was crowded. I think a cozy one was JUST RIGHT. It was nice, not to have to stand in a LONG line for the viewing. It was nice, not to have to sit so far away that the family didn't know I was even there. Maybe, if Paula was looking down she was saying, "That was just fine." She knows how many would have been there if they could. She was most likely happy that her goodbyes were done in a way that would please her, and now that she sees a fuller picture, sees that it really doesn't matter who attended but that her family and David knows she loves them.
    We're glad the snowblower was found before this incident and that people made it there just in time to clean the parking lot. Thank goodness that the Funeral Vehicle was able to get through the snow. The purple flowers and matching accesories and clothes were beautiful too.
    David, how's David?
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how much I wanted to be there, but changing planes in Portland and checking weather to find storms all converging on Boise, it would have been terrible to spend two days stuck in an airport. So I spent the funeral time in the Sacramento Temple, thinking of my sweet cousin-sister. She knows how much I love her and I am so glad I got to talk with her and tell her on the Friday before she went on to meet her Heavenly Father and her family who were waiting on the other side. I'm thinking about all of you there in Meridian, and you are in my prayers daily. I love you all from afar. BettyJo

    ReplyDelete