Nov 18, 2010

Thursday afternoon update

Grandma slept until about 5:30 this morning.  That is a pretty good nights sleep.  She hasn't taken any of the new pain medicine, and she is much better this afternoon as far as being alert and able to talk to Grandpa, Emily, myself and Susan.  Her voice is still very weak, but not so weak that we can't understand her.  She was able to eat several bites of food this morning, and also had a little bit to drink.  Shelli is bringing her a vanilla coke from Sonic, so she will be happy soon!  We hope she will be able to drink a lot of it!  Grandpa is quite pleased with the way she is feeling today...he says she is ordering him around like usual.  LOL  :)  Nurse Brooke is expected to come and check up on her sometime today, we hope that her levels are where they should be.  She hasn't used any oxygen today, and doesn't seem to be in any distress.  We will know more after the nurse has been here.  I will update when I know more.  Keep on sharing and posting, she really does enjoy hearing from you. Thanks again for all the prayers!  More later...

4 comments:

  1. Hi Grandma,
    You are wonderful and good with words (you're good at making Grandpa stop before he pops my head off when we're wrestling). I love you!
    Love, Jared

    Grandma,
    You are so kind and caring, you're always trying so hard to make others peoples lives better. Thank you, you have succeeded, you've made mine lots better!
    Love, Matthew

    Dear Grandma,
    You are so kind and I love you so much,
    Love, Parker

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to read your sweet grandchildren's words!

    I'm sure glad to read that you are feeling a little stronger today.

    Love,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so good to see you yesterday, Paula! I hope we didn't stay too long and wear you out. We love you and are praying for you always.

    Erin & Reina & fam

    ReplyDelete
  4. We posted the notes from the boys yesterday before Kaylee got home. Here is Kaylee's note to Grandma...

    Hi Grandma,
    I hope you are feeling better. I hope you have a good day today. I'm so glad you are my Grandma! I love you and I am praying for you!
    Love, Kaylee

    ReplyDelete