Nov 17, 2010

Evening Update

Grandma has had a really rough afternoon. She has a new drug that she didn't like how it made her feel and was over medicated. Hopefully, Nurse Brooke will come and get the a lower dose that will still help with the pain. Grandma was very frustrated by the pill (12 hr morphine) all afternoon. Grandma did start to feel calmer at about 6:30 tonight. She asked for something to eat and was able to swallow a little bit of food. Grandma has also had about 6 oz of water from 3:00 until she went to bed. Please continue to check the blog, visitors are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to call David to check if Paula is feeling well enough for a visit. PLEASE do NOT just stop by! Visitors really wipe her out and if she isn't well to begin with its not good. So please please please call FIRST! She is in bed now and we hope that she will be able to sleep through the night. Thanks for the prayers for our sweet little Mom, Grandma, and friend!

1 comment:

  1. Yuck! She is such a tiny little thing...Morphine is strong and can wipe out even a larger person. I hate giving it to some of my patients (when I am at work). Hopefully they can get the dosage worked out.
    Sorry to hear you had a rough afternoon, Paula. We love you so much and hope you have a much better day tomorrow! My Laurels and I made something for you tonight and I am hoping to get it to you tomorrow, or maybe Friday when I bring dinner.
    Please tell David that I am planning on 5:00pm on Friday and I will call ahead of time to make sure that is okay (I can come at anytime). Also, any requests? I know no chicken, macaroni & cheese or walnuts :-)
    All my love,
    Alesha

    ReplyDelete