Nov 20, 2010

Saturday Update

I just got this update today so sorry for it being later in the day!! Ok, here we go! Grandma didn't sleep last night so naturally, neither did grandpa. Grandma slept yesterday from 4:00-11:30ish. That's why there was no afternoon update! She is up and ready today, but still sounding very tired. Nurse Brooke has changed her pain meds hoping the new pills will work to help with the nerve pain she is having. She will continue to take the liquid morphine to help with the pain and her breathing. Brooke also wants her to start on an antibiotic again, since she has been running a fever and been quite warm. For those of you that visit grandma, you know that she isn't usually warm but continually cold. This is quite the change. Grandma is also supposed to use her nebulizer daily to help with her breathing. Right now both grandma and grandpa are napping!!! They need to after a night of no sleep! I think it would be best today if there were no visitors so that both grandma and grandpa can get some rest. I know lots of you want to see them but today isn't the best day! Please continue calling ahead of time if you are wanting to visit. Lets keep the calls to a minimum today. If you want to tell grandma anything please do it through this blog. It will help grandma get her rest so she will be up for visitors another day! Thank you all for your prayers and love!

3 comments:

  1. Well, when you two party all night, of course you need your sleep the next day!

    Paula, we're glad you have good nurses to keep you healing from that pneumonia and to ease your pain. We feel so bad when you suffer!

    I no longer look like an old racoon (well, not so much anyway)---the dermatitis around my eyes has gone away!

    Love you.
    Joyce and Spregg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Paula,
    The woman who never grumbles. Watch out, you might be translated. Not me, I grumble all the time. I grumble and get the job done though.

    I hear you are keeping up appearances and hanging in there. Isn't morphine wonderful. Don't get addicted now. What!!! You already are? I can see your point,you have nothing to lose. I guess that's why you are not translated, addicted to drugs. Grin.

    Life is crazy on this time of town I just finished 25 booklets for Colleen (she paid me - it's a tradition now). Had a potluck at my house for the ward, hardly anyone came but that means there aren't any lonely people in our ward as I heard there was.
    Planning for a RS service activity tonight so I'm getting handouts printed and cutting two fleece blankets for hospice people. Mark and I cleaned out the garage for several hours, so something gets done at home. This life of Riley is pretty good. I'm getting fat from being so lazy.
    Keep on sucking on that morphine tube and keep the pain away.
    I love you,
    Love Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking about you, my dear friend. I am preparing a lesson for Relief Society on gifts of the Spirit. I am thinking about your wonderful gift of friendship. You have the amazing ability to be a good friend to so many. Even though you have been incapacitated with health issues for much of the last few years, you have still had the ability to be a good friend. You have cheered up the lives of so many around you, including your wonderful children and grandchildren. It has been many years since you and I started our friendship. Still, I consider you one of my dearest and best friends. So, as I am preparing for this lesson on Gifts from our Heavenly Father. I am thinking about you and your amazing gift of friendship.

    Just wanted to share with you where my thoughts have been heading this morning.
    Love and hugs to you my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete