Nov 13, 2010

Saturday Update

Today has been a VERY tiring day for Grandma. We started the day having family pictures taken at G&G's house. Grandma looked beautiful as always in the pictures, despite being in pain. The rest of the family (24 of us) look marginal! Allison Brasher took the pictures and was fabulous! Grandma's voice is very weak again today, when she is tired it gets worse, and she is definitely tired today. She used O2 twice yesterday and has used it once today. She says she can feel a difference after she has used it. She continues to have trouble swallowing and therefore isn't eating. Grandma had 3 bites of potatoes and 2 bites of pie today. We continue to encourage her to drink and the syringe is wonderful as long as we don't push the liquids in too fast. She will choke if we do! Continue posting...we are reading them to her daily! Thank you for all the wonderful words of encouragement and love. We love to read her all of the stories and remembrances that you are sending!!!! Thanks to all!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the blog and pictures. We are keeping our family informed. We put your names in the temple yesterday. What a beautiful family you have. Please tell Paula what an elegant lady she is and how we love her and Dave. You are all an inspiration to us. We pray the Lord will be with you in all things. Our love, Lyle and Bonnie and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula, It was very reassuring to hear your voice, I am such a big baby when it comes to my dearest cousin and friend being so ill. I love you so much, and if I can download this photo I have of us, I may add it, but I am a dinosaur when it comes to computers, so don't check for it until I let you know if I can do it....I love you so much cuz, just hang in there. David and Shelly and all the family please take care of yourselves too. Your names are in the Sacramento Temple and you are all in my prayers every night. I love you so much.BettyJo and Don sends his love too.

    ReplyDelete