Nov 15, 2010

Monday Afternoon

Ok people, this has been a really rough day! Yuck! Grandma has been in bed most of the afternoon. This is very uncommon as she likes to stay up when she can. As you know the nurse came this morning and wasn't impressed with Grandma's oxygen levels. She has had oxygen again this afternoon. Oxygen in kind of an important thing....right? :) Grandma is breathing really shallowly still and Susan hasn't heard any words from her this afternoon. Her voice is EXTREMELY weak and it was hard for me to understand what she was telling me this morning. I don't think she has eaten much, if anything today. She wants to but she just can't swallow. Please keep on praying for grandma and grandpa and sending the messages on here! Susan and Shelli read them to her as soon as they see them! (which is often) Thank you to the ward Relief Society for taking good care of grandpa with wonderful dinners and treats! Hopefully, I'll have better news tomorrow...:(

5 comments:

  1. Dear Paula,
    I was thinking about when you and I were both expecting and we were very pregnant at the sock hop at the ward. Our due date was the same--April 14, but Julie came early on the 6th and Steven didn't arrive until April 17. It was fun having someone pregnant at the same time. Your baby was big with cute, curly hair and Julie was little and round with dark, shaggy hair. I want you to know what a very, special friend you have always been to me. Our children all describe you as beautiful. That is both on the inside and outside. Dave, you are a special friend. What a wonderful family you have. You two are amazing! Love, Lyle and Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just left a comment on the Monday morning post...I didn't see this one. I am sorry to hear that the afternoon didn't go so well. Prayers for a better night and day tomorrow. Will you please tell David that my phone number changed this afternoon back to the one on the ward list? If you are ever in a bind and need someone to come over, please give me a call. Thank you for these updates...they mean the world to a lot of people.
    I will be bringing dinner on Friday night and will call tomorrow to set up the best time.
    All our love...Russo family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula and David, My prayers are with you both. You have great kids, and grand kids. I am sorry I have not been over to see you, but please know that I think of you both often. Alot of fun times with you guys. I am glad for our times in Boise. All my love....oxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous is Annette Peterson Blarer Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelli, Susan, Steve, and Scott - You guys are the best! Your mom and dad raised great kids. Hugs to you - keep taking care of your great parents.

    ReplyDelete